The Young Physician Section strives to be the professional home for Academy members who are under 40 years of age or within the first eight years of professional practice after residency and fellowship training; foster a community and a sense of belonging; allow for an on-going dialog among young physicians and with the Academy; and provide opportunity for an increased number of young physicians to engage in leadership and committee roles on unique young physician relevant issues. For all YPS-related inquiries: email@example.com
The Section is governed by the Governing Council members and a group of appointed officers:
YPS Governing Council
- Christina Baldassari, MD. Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- David S. Cohen, MD. Southern California Permanente Group.
- Yin-Chun Carol Liu, MD, FACS. College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital.
- Nausheen Jamal, MD. University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine.
- Nihkila Raol, MD, MPH. Emory University School of Medicine/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Tjoson Tjoa, MD. University of California at Irvine.
Immediate Past Chair:
- Daniel C. Chelius Jr, MD. Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital
2018/2019 YPS Delegates:
BOG Socioeconomic & Grassroots (SEGR) Representative:
- Valerie Fritsch, MD. South Carolina ENT
Board of Governors (BOG) Legislative Affairs Representative:
- Sarah Burgin, MD. Indiana University School of Medicine
American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto) Liaison:
- Gregory Dion, MD. Brooke Army Medical Center
American Medical Association (AMA) Young Physicians Section (YPS) Delegate:
- Nikhila Raol, MD, MPH. Emory University
ENT PAC Delegate:
- Jonathon Mark, MD. Eastern Virginia Medical School
Are you ready to make a difference?
Each year, the YPS seeks candidates to apply for officer on the YPS Governing Council and as Appointed Delegates.
Learn more about YPS positions and work groups here.