• Bachelor’s degree required; experience in a not-for-profit environment highly desirable
• Minimum of three to five years of registry, healthcare quality, and/or measure testing experience
• Strong project management skills with a focus on meeting deliverables and deadlines and leading teams on complex projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate both the technical aspects of the position with relevant parties, e.g., vendors, and the ability to translate and convey technical information to non-technical parties, e.g., members
• Highly detail-oriented with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work professionally and effectively with members, staff, vendor, et al.
• Manage the development and launch of the registry
• Responsible for initiatives to inform members about emerging trends in registry based quality reporting and quality improvement
• Develop resources to educate members regarding registries and quality improvement using registries
• Lead execution of the registry marketing strategy
• Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Performance Measures in the development of a portfolio of e-specified measures for the registry
• Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Performance Measures in the execution of projects related to the testing, implementation and maintenance of quality measures for a variety of uses (CMS programs, NQF endorsement, registry implementation, etc.) and in the development of coordination of care and outcomes measures for the AAO-HNSF registry
• Monitor, research, analyze and interpret relevant policy regarding registry reporting to external regulatory agencies for Federal programs (e.g., Meaningful Use, PQRS, etc.) and summarize for leadership and amongst private payers
• Manage the AAO-HNSF Registry, including the relationship with the registry vendor. Serve as the primary contact for physicians with questions about the registry
• Develop promotional and marketing materials to promote utilization of the registry and to educate the membership
• Participate in the AAO-HNSF measure development process and provide expertise on e-specification, testing and implementation of the measures in a registry environment
• Work with AAO-HNSF quality measures staff and technical consultants to translate the AAO-HNSF performance measures portfolio into functional electronic formats for inclusion into EHR systems and/or incorporating FIHR standards
• Serve as the AAO-HNSF representative for the Physicians Electronic Health Record Coalition (PEHRC), representing the health information exchange needs of the AAO-HNSF
• Maintain and update the registry-related pages of the AAO-HNSF website
• Attend the Annual Scientific Meeting and handle responsibilities as directed
• Any other duties the Senior Director, Research Quality and Health Policy may assign
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing
• Consistently demonstrate courteous, cooperative and helpful behavior to all contacts, internal and external
• May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis
The American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) is the world's largest organization representing specialists who treat the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck. The Academy represents approximately 12,000 otolaryngologist—head and neck surgeons who diagnose and treat disorders of those areas. The medical disorders treated by our physicians are among the most common that afflict all Americans, young and old. They include chronic ear infection, sinusitis, snoring and sleep apnea, hearing loss, allergies and hay fever, swallowing disorders, nosebleeds, hoarseness, dizziness, and head and neck cancer.
The AAO-HNS Foundation works to advance the art, science, and ethical practice of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery through education, research, and lifelong learning.
We take pride in our excellent benefits package offered to eligible employees, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also provide short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement plan, credit union membership, five weeks of PTO, and nine holidays, compressed work schedules and flexible scheduling. We offer a business casual dress environment and many additional employment benefits. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources
We currently have the following openings: